SHIPPING CARS FROM UK TO CYPRUS
Shipping cars from UK to Cyprus
Car shipping to Cyprus. Professional car and cargo shipping from UK to Cyprus. We offer fast and Reliable shipping service from UK to Cyprus’ port of Limassol at low rates. Car shipping and transport services from Tilbury port to Limassol on a weekly basis.
We ship Cars, 4X4s, Vans, Minibuses, Trucks, Trailers, Tractors, Coaches, Buses, Plant and Agricultural Machinery shipping to Cyprus. To get a free quote for your car shipping to Cyprus either email us or complete our online quote form. We look forward to hearing from you for car shipping to Cyprus.
Roll on Roll off (RORO) car shipping from UK to Cyprus
Simplest and cheapest method of shipping to Cyprus. Cars are driven directly into the Ro/Ro vessel and secured to the car decks. Securely inside the vessel, wind and watertight. RORO service ideal for shipping Cars, 4X4s, Vans, Minibuses, Trucks, Tractors, Coaches, Buses, Plant and Agricultural Machinery shipping from UK to Cyprus.
Containerized Shipping to Cyprus.
Car shipping to Cyprus. Safe and secure inside your own container. All vehicles are securely blocked, braced and tied down ensuring absolute security during shipment to Cyprus. You can also ship any personal effects inside the vehicle to Cyprus.
Air Cargo Service to Cyprus from UK
We offer both Air & Sea shipping services to Cyprus from all the major Airports & Ports in the UK at very competitive rates.
Container shipping to Cyprus with your car
We can combine your household items along with your car inside your own container to Cyprus. Great care must be taken in securing your Car shipping to Cyprus. Cars must be secured to the flooring rings of the container by ratchet straps and the wheels must be locked into position by wooden chocks. When shipping a car with your household and personal effects a wooden bulkhead will be built across the shipping container to separate the car and effects.
Car shipping to Cyprus is fast becoming one of the most preferred destinations throughout the Med for private individuals and military personnel looking to ship their cars within the EU. First Base Freight offers professional, affordable vehicle shipping to the port of Limassol by roll on/roll off and container services every week. Our regular roll on-roll off car shipping to Cyprus service sails from either the port of Southampton or Portbury in Bristol.
Are there any other charges for shipping vehicles Cyprus?
The simple answer is yes. Once your vehicle has arrived at the port of Limassol, you will need to pay for local fees before it can be released to you. These local charges in Cyprus are payable at Limassol to a local agent who will also complete the import process. The arrival costs start from €385.00 for a standard size saloon however this does not include the costs for duty or VAT applicable in Cyprus and across the EU. All charges are worked out on a case by case basis by car shipping specialists at Cargo World Link.
Excise and Duty Relief When Shipping to Cyprus?
Before shipping a vehicle to Cyprus you must first consider reading the TRANSFER OF NORMAL RESIDENCE you will find this very useful when planning your move to Cyprus. In it is an explanation on how to apply for relief from Excise and Duties on vehicles being shipped in to Cyprus.
If you are looking to import vehicle into Cyprus from the UK, you will firstly need to know the rules which must be followed.
- You must have owned your vehicle for at least 6 months and it needs to have travelled no less than 6,000 miles. These rules do not apply if you are retiring to Cyprus but do apply if you are planning to work in Cyprus. Should your vehicle NOT comply with these rules you will be charged the full tax rate.
- One person is allowed to import ONE vehicle only and your name must be on the V5C document and on your valid driving license.
- The vehicle must be purchased through the general conditions of any local taxes applied in the UK. This then is transferred and must not qualify for relief or refund of any VAT in Cyprus.
- You should obtain the original purchase receipt for your vehicle and keep copies.
- You can arrange insurance in the UK prior to arrival or you can arrange vehicle insurance in Cyprus.
- If you intend to work in Cyprus and apply for Relief of Excise Duties under the Transfer of Residence, the vehicle must be shipped within 12 months of your arrival date in Cyprus.
- If you are retiring to Cyprus the vehicle can be shipped and imported at any time as long as the Application for Exemption is made prior to the vehicle being shipped. You need to apply for the Exemption within 6 months of your arrival in to Cyprus.
We can recommend a good clearing agent in Cyprus for you to contact before shipping your car to Limassol. The agent will advise you of all local fees that will be due, this will help you to work out the full costs involved in shipping your vehicle in plenty of time. Please ask for details.
For further information about our car shipping services to Cyprus, please contact us today where we will gladly assist you or simply fill out our quick quote form for an instant rate.